MKR holder DAI-gest: Week 6 2020
Governance Recap Week Ending February 8, 2020
- DAI PEG: $1.01 USD/DAI
- DAI Statistics
Become a decision-MKR
One of the key features of the MakerDao ecosystem is Governance. When you buy and stake MKR, you get the ability to vote on critical MakerDao policies.
Greater voter participation creates a more secure platform. There is no minimum amount of MKR required to participate in MakerDao Governance. Here are some resources to learn more about setting up and using the Governance tools:
A new Governance Dashboard is in development which you can find here. Statistics of the Governance system, participants, and much more are available. Search filters and sorting allow a user to generate very specific data. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the new version. Help icons in the right corner of every graph provide detailed help information. You can view a formal walkthrough presentation in this week’s Governance meeting video. If you have questions, the Governance Forum is the perfect place to ask the community.
Recent, Current, and Upcoming On-Chain Polls
Three polls ran February 3–6, 2020. Voter breakdowns and other details are on the specific poll landing page.
- Choose Dai Savings Rate Spreads between 0% and 4%. The winning proposal was 0.5%.
- Choose Dai Stability Fee options within a range of 4% — 12%. The winning proposal was 8%.
- Choose Sai Stability Fee options within a range of 5% to 13%. The winning proposal was 9%.
Recent, Current, and Upcoming Executive Votes
Current Ruling Executive: Voting Open
- Lower the Dai Stability Fee from 9% to 8%
- Raise the Dai Savings Rate Spread from 0.25% to 0.5%
- Note: With the Stability Fee changing to 8% and the Dai Savings Rate Spread changing to 0.5%, the DSR will become 7.5% if the vote passes
- Lower the Sai Stability Fee from 10% to 9%
Voting Concluded: Executed on February 4, 2020
- Raised the Dai Stability Fee from 8% to 9%
- Note: With the current Dai Savings Rate Spread of 0.25%, the DSR will also increase to 8.75%
- Raised the Sai Stability Fee from 9% to 10%
- Lowered the Sai Debt Ceiling by 15 million to 30 million Sai
Weekly Governance and Risk Meeting, Ep. 72 February 6, 2020
DAI News and Info
Upcoming MakerDAO Events
- February 14–16, 2020 ETHDenver 2020 Conference Denver, US
- March 3–5, 2020 ETHCC 2020 Conference Paris, France
- March 4–11, 2020 Blockchain Week London
- Weekly MakerDao Governance and Risk Meeting: Thursdays 9 am PST (4 pm UTC)
- Weekly MakerDao Community Development Meeting: Tuesdays 9 am PST (4 pm UTC)
The Link above leads to the MakerDao meetings page.
dApps and Services using Dai
Pundix — POS Retail Solution for accepting Dai
Pundix is a merchant payment processing platform. Retailers can accept NEM and Ethereum ERC-20 tokens, including Dai. Explore mobile payment apps, point of sale hardware, and customer loyalty products. If you are a developer, check out the Pundix platform for integration into your next dApp.
Whisps — Globalized Payroll Solution for Dai
Process payroll or receive payroll in Dai. A hassle-free platform for finance management among globally distributed workforces.