MKR Holder DAI-gest: Week 7, 2020
Governance Recap Week Ending February 15, 2020
- DAI-ve in and Explore MakerDAO
- Maker Governance Statistics and News
- Guide to the Governance and Risk Meeting (Purpose and How to Participate)
- MakerDAO in the news
- MKR Makes Forbes Fintech 50
- Coinbase Commerce Adds DAI
- Buying DAI in the U.S. with Cash (No Bank Acct / Credit / Debit Card Required)
DAI Digits (Statistics)
- DAI Peg: $0.9986 USD / DAI
- DAI Statistics
- Governance Dashboard
We’re DAI-ing to Meet You: Explore MakerDAO
At first glance, DAI and MakerDAO are a lot of acronyms and lingo that can be slightly intimidating. Anyone can become informed and participate. Dive in as much or as little as you want. Learn to buy, save, or beyond. The secret to knowing DAI (or faking it until finding an answer) is found in the Awesome MakerDAO Community Resource Guide.
Still have questions? Want to get involved? Visit the MakerDAO Community Forum and ask. The community is made of interested people like yourself, and Community Leaders from MakerDAO. Share your skills in growing the MakerDAO Community, no experience necessary. The MakerDAO culture is very warm, welcoming, and ready to help. We would love to meet you!
The following polls ran from February 10–13, 2020 with voting results identical to the current set values, therefore they were not part of the Executive Vote this week. Follow the link for more details:
- DAI Savings Rate Spread Adjustment — 0.5%
- Sai Stability Fee Adjustment — 9%
- DAI Stability Fee Adjustment — 8%
Recent and Current Executive Votes
Executive Vote: Activate the Sai Debt Ceiling Adjustment and Suspend Monetary Policy Votes for Technical Fixes
Current Ruling Executive: Voting Open
- Lower the Sai Debt Ceiling by 5 million to 25 million Sai
- Suspend monetary policy votes when there are emergency technical changes to be made to the system
Executive Vote: Activated the Savings Rate Spread and the Sai and DAI Stability Fee Adjustments
Executed on February 4, 2020
- Lowered the DAI Stability Fee from 9% to 8%
- Raised the DAI Savings Rate Spread from 0.25% to 0.5%
- Note: With the Stability Fee changing to 8% and the DAI Savings Rate Spread changing to 0.5%, the DSR will become 7.5% if the vote passes
- Lowered the Sai Stability Fee from 10% to 9%
Weekly Governance and Risk Meeting, Ep. 73 February 13, 2020
You are invited to join us and help shape the future of MakerDAO. Every Thursday, 17:00 UTC
Governance and Risk Meeting Community Guide
- Understand the issues that are discussed and governance themes that get explored to build a healthy, secure, Maker Platform.
- Get info on how to connect by phone or webcam.
- Explore meeting archives.
DAI News and Info
MakerDAO is one of the newcomers to be listed on the prestigious Forbes Fintech 50 list.
- DAI Integrated as a Payment Option on Coinbase Commerce, Offering the Stablecoin to Millions via Shopify, WooCommerce, and Other Merchants
- March 3–5, 2020 ETHCC 2020 Conference Paris, France
- March 4–11, 2020 Blockchain Week London
- MakerDAO Community Events Calendar
- Weekly Community Development Meeting — Tuesdays 09:00 PST
- Weekly Governance and Risk Meeting — Thursdays 09:00 PST
How to Purchase DAI with Cash in the U.S. (No Bank Account, Credit Card, or Debit Card Required)
Maybe you have visited the Coinstar machine in the grocery store when cashing in your stockpiles of change, or just seen them when checking out. These kiosks now offer the ability to buy Bitcoin with cash. You can easily turn that into DAI and lock in an amazing savings rate on the Oasis DeFi platform by MakerDAO.
- Open a Coinbase account and complete the ‘know your customer requirements’
- Purchase Bitcoin from the Coinstar Kiosk using cash. A voucher will be printed that you can redeem online
- Use a Coinbase receive address for Bitcoin when redeeming your voucher
- When the Bitcoin has posted to your Coinbase account, select Trade to turn your Bitcoin into DAI (Specify an amount or choose the maximum amount to exchange all Bitcoin)
- Send your DAI to a Web3 capable wallet such as Metamask or Coinbase Wallet and head to Oasis
- Click ‘Save’ and follow the prompts to lock your DAI into an amazing savings interest rate, that not even your mom’s credit union could match!